Maa Vaibhav Lakshmi Vrat Udyapan
Maa Vaibhav Lakshmi Vrat Udyapan or observance can be done by any member of the family but it is best if done by married women. If there are no married women in the family, it can be observed by men or unmarried girls.The Rules To Be Followed For Maa Vaibhav Lakshmi Vrat Udyapan
- Maa Vaibhav Lakshmi Vrat Udyapan is done on a Friday. A total of 11 or 21 Fridays should be observed and this should be decided prior to beginning the fast.
- The vrat should be observed at home only. If for some reason the vrat or fast is broken or the devotee is on a tour that Friday, that Friday should not be counted but the vrat should be done on the following Friday.
- A female devotee should not do the Maa Vaibhav Lakshmi Vrat Udyapan, while she is menstruating.
- After completing the vrat for the total number of Fridays, that is 11 or 21, the udyapan vidhi should be done accordingly.
- For Maa Vaibhav Lakshmi Vrat Udyapan, food can be taken once in the evening along with the prasad or only fruits can be consumed or can be taken twice if the devotee is weak.
- The worshipper can fast the whole day and only have the prasad in the evening.
The udyapan prasad is consumed as a conclusion to a religious fast observed in the honour of Goddess Lakshmi. The thali for the udyapan includes poori or fried Indian bread, coconut pieces, aloosubzi or potato curry and chawal ke kheer or rice pudding.Udyapan Vidhi:
The udyapan of Maa Vaibhav Lakshmi vrat is done on the concluding Friday and 11, 21, 51 or 101 married and unmarried women are invited. The invited women should not be pregnant or menstruating. The puja is done in the evening as usual and a coconut is broken, kumkum tilak is applied and kheer prasad, naivadyam or meals are given along with flowers, bangles, nail polish, bindis, blouse piece and Vaibhav Lakshmi books.